Beach "Anse Parnel"Mahé
The beautiful scenery, including stunning views of Anse Royale, pristine white sand, and crystal-clear water, all of which add up to create this picturesque little bay.
- 275m x 15m - few visitors
- Shallow water - seaweed June to September
- Tide comes in quickly - generally small waves
- Beautiful white sand and crystal-clear water
- Good for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Quiet beach that sometimes disappears at high tide, leaving crystal-clear water and beautiful scenery.
- Shallow water and lack of drop-off means the water is safe for most swimmers.
- Rocks and coral line the sandy seabed, so swimmers should be careful where they step.
- Shade provides protection from the sun.
- The popular Surfer’s Beach Restaurant is located nearby.
Anse Parnel is a relatively secluded little bay, offering beautiful white sand and extremely clear water. The ocean here is relatively shallow, and the lack of sharp drop-off means that the water is safe for children and unconfident swimmers. The seabed is lined with rocks and coral, however, so anyone venturing into the water should be careful about where they put their feet. Getting to Anse Parnel is simple thanks to the nearby bus stop, as well as the parking available at the popular Surfer’s Beach Restaurant. There are also a few smaller accommodations located near to Anse Parnel, so guests of these establishments should make sure to visit this beautiful bay at least once during their trip. Once there, you’ll be struck by the peaceful atmosphere and the beautiful appearance of this oft-deserted bay. The ocean water is clear, and not particularly deep, making it largely safe for swimmers of all levels. That said, the seabed itself contains several rocks and bits of coral that can be dangerous, so be careful when venturing into the water. In terms of facilities, the beach itself has little to offer, but there is a restaurant and some accommodation nearby, ensuring that the beach doesn’t feel cut off from the rest of the island. The beautiful backdrop of the bay along with excellent views of Anse Royale further along the coast make Anse Parnel well worth a visit for anyone who finds themselves nearby. Safe for families and great for anyone wanting to swim or snorkel in the beautiful Indian Ocean, Anse Parnel is a great addition to Mahé’s beach collection.