Beach "La Passe - Silhouette"Other Islands
The proximity to the Hilton Resort ensures that there are facilities nearby to go with the beautiful scenery and activity possibilities, including swimming, snorkelling, and sailing.
- 2000m x 10m - nearly deserted
- Water depth depends on the tide - extremely shallow at low tide
- No seaweed - high waves
- Beautiful long beach on Silhouette Island
- Close to the Hilton Labriz Resort
At a Glance:
- Long sandy beach on Silhouette that runs in front of some of the island’s accommodation, including the Hilton Labriz Resort.
- Lifeguards watch over sections of the beach for added safety.
- Numerous natural pools line the beach.
- Shade provides protection from the sun.
- Great for numerous activities, including swimming, snorkelling, and sunbathing.
La Passe is a long stretch of fine sand on the east coast of Silhouette Island, the third-largest in the Seychelles archipelago. The sand is lined with natural pools of water, formed when the water collects as the tide changes. The tide itself is very dependent on the moon, and changes throughout the year. Getting to the beach is simple for guests of the nearby Hilton Labriz Resort and the smaller guesthouse, La Belle Tortue, both of which are located on this side of the island. It is likely, too, that La Passe will be your first real impression of Silhouette Island, as the island’s jetty is located on the beach, ensuring a beautiful scenic view as you arrive on the island. The beach itself offers multiple activities, including swimming, snorkelling, and sailing. While the water is sometimes too shallow to swim, especially at low tide, it is sometimes possible to bathe in the beautiful water here, made safer by the presence of lifeguards on sections of the beach as well. Besides that, there are sunbeds and hammocks spread across the beach, so La Passe is also the perfect place for relaxing, sunbathing, or taking a break from the stress of daily life. Almost all holidaymakers on Silhouette Island will likely spend some time on La Passe beach, such is its proximity to the hotels and resorts there. This fact also ensures that there are always facilities nearby, making for an excellent beach that compares favourably to many of the Seychelles’ other offerings.