Takamaka Beach on Cerf Island is home to the comfortable Takamaka Beach Villas, built in 2012, and ideal for a holiday by the sea.
- Situated right on Takamaka Beach on the north-western tip of Cerf Island.
- 2 luxurious, modern villas, one on the beach and one in the garden, with private verandas.
- Self-catering (breakfast and evening-restaurants can be found nearby).
- Special features:
- Experience the barefoot beauty of Cerf Island, with a reef for snorkelling and views of some of the Seychelles' most beautiful sunsets on your doorstep.
- Spacious veranda with lounge furniture, kingsize double bed, en suite bathroom with shower, double washbasin and WC, fully-equipped kitchen, air-conditioning and ceiling fan, room safe, hair dryer.
- 1× Takamaka Villa (up to 2 people)
1× Coco Villa (up to 2 people)
Cerf Island offers little in the way of what you'd call roads or paths. In fact, the closest thing to a road or walkway is the beach that circles the island, although it does tend to narrow at high tide, hence the trodden mud paths further inland, which lead to wider beaches or to one of the two beach restaurants on teh island. Don't worry about trespassing, however, as the friendly atmosphere on Cerf is almost like a little beach village. The pathways lead past shipwrecks, old chests, and other 'island treasures' that show the rich history and development of the island.
Thankfully, the beach differs from others in the Seychelles, in that it is rarely cleared of natural things such as flotsam, seaweed, or jetsam. This makes it a real natural beach. The seaweed in particular is vital for the turtles and tortoises around the Seychelles, and is also a sign that the underwater scenery of the Seychelles is thriving.
The Takamaka Beach Vilas are found in an authentic little corner of the Seychelles, in that there are no streets, cars, discos, or shops. However, you're never more than about 2km away from Mahé, something you're reminded of every time you look out over the sea and spot the imposing silhouette of Mahé with its rainforest 'skyline' and hefty granite formations. You can also see the artificial Eden Island, as well as Victoria, the smallest capital city in the world. If you take a look to the north, you can see some modern wind-turbines, also built on an artificial island. Just a bit further along, you have an open view of the Indian Ocean.
The taxi-boat, run by Cerf Island's Habitation hotel, runs up to four times each day. The boat is perfect for those staying on Cerf who want to discover Mahé or Eden Island for themselves. This also means that you can self-cater while on Cerf, as there are shops, supermarkets, banks, restaurants, and take-aways in Victoria, on Mahé, as well as near the jetty on Eden Island. Because the Seychelles sunset is at around 18:00 each day throughout the year, the last boat of the day runs at 17:30 from Eden Island to Cerf. Therefore, it certainly helps to be a fan of absolute tranquillity and solitude to stay on Cerf Island. Guests then have the option of preparing their own dinner, or visiting one of Cerf Island's two beach restaurants.
The Takamaka Beach Villas offer a veranda with view, and outdoor furniture (two loungers, a table, and four chairs), helping you make the most of the space. Once you enter the villa through one of the two large glass doors, you'll find the lounge and the bedroom, which is equipped with a kingsize double bed. The bedroom also offers a large en suite bathroom, including a shower, double wash basin, and a WC. The lounge consists of a comfortable seating area that joins onto an American-style kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, oven, toaster, and more. Thanks to the good kitchen facilities, guests have the option to self-cater for their holiday instead of eating breakfast and dinner in one of the island's restaurants.
The taxi boat of the hotel Habitation runs several times a day between Mahé (Eden Island Jetty) and Cerf Island:
- From Cerf Island:
05:30 Only available for early departures
07:00 Free of charge for all guests
09:15 Free of charge for all guests
15:30 €5 (upon availability)
- From Mahé to Cerf
15:30 €5 (upon availability)
16:30 Free of charge for all guests
18:00 Free of charge for all guests
The entire boat schedule is subjected to changes.
Activities and specials:
- There is a great snorkelling spot right on your doorstep that can be accessed from the beach.
- For breakfast and dinner, we recommend the l'Habitation Restaurant, which can be reached by walking 150m along the beach.
- The transfer between Cerf Island and Mahé is simple thanks to the Habitation hotel's lagoon taxi, which makes the trip several times a day, and takes just 5 minutes.
- L'Habitation Restaurant
- creole, international
- 0.2 km
- +248 4 32 31 11
- Opening hours:
- Mon-Sun: 12pm – 9.30pm
- Cerf Island
- cash (SCR / € / $), credit card
This restaurant belongs to the Hotel „L’Habitation“, located in the St. Anne Marine Park. Here, they are serving Creole and international dishes. Special attention is brought to the coconut that is used to round off a lot of dishes.
The Takamaka Beach Villas were only opened in April 2012. The estate is made up of 2 identical high-quality villas.
Takamaka Villa (2 guests)
- Beach-front villa with large ocean-view veranda and lounge furniture, kingsize double bed, en suite bathroom with shower, washbasin and WC, flatscreen TV, telephone, fully-equipped kitchen, air-conditioning, room safe, hair dryer and much more.
Coco Villa (1-2 guests)
- Seaview villa with large veranda and lounge furniture, kingsize double bed, en suite bathroom with shower, washbasin and WC, flatscreen TV, telephone, fully-equipped kitchen, air-conditioning, room safe, hair dryer and much more.
Prices per night
Please note: Anyone planning to book their holiday for August or December (high season) should avoid waiting too long! Contact us well in advance to avoid finding out that your desired accommodation is fully-booked or that the flights are expensive.
|Takamaka Villa||2 guests
1 Extra bed possible
|167 € 167 € - 196 € 196 €|
|Coco Villa||1 guest||124 € 124 € - 145 € 145 €|
|Coco Villa||2 guests
1 Extra bed possible
|149 € 149 € - 175 € 175 €|
Babies: 0-1, Children: 2-17, Adults: 18+ (on departure)
South-wind Offer - You save 15%Valid in travel period: 01.05.2017 - 30.09.2017
Minimum stay: 2 nights.
Recommended excursions on Cerf Island
Our client's opinions: hear what our clients have to say about their holiday and our service.
We are glad to help you!!
- Hotline Mon-Thu: 10am-6pm · Fri: 10am-4pm CET:
- +49 (0)521-44818616
We are your tried and certified experts on the Seychelles.
A chattel paper will be issued according to § 651 k of the German Civil Code.