Bird Island is one of the last authentic pieces of paradise remaining on Earth. This small coral island is located at the far north-east edge of the Seychelles, and has been described by some as the most beautiful island on Earth.
- The Bird Island Lodge is situated on the beach on the small Bird Island.
- 24 individual beach bungalows surrounded by the gardens of a former coconut plantation.
- Full board.
- Special feature:
- Bird Island is one of the last true pieces of paradise on the planet, with spectacular bird and fish species.
- Double bed, private veranda, en suite bathroom, hair dryer (available from reception), room safe, room fan, disabled-friendly grounds, restaurant, laundry service (upon request), water-based activities and nature tours, WiFi (free of charge)
- 24× Bungalow (up to 3 people)
The 24 individual beach bungalows are set in the gardens of a former coconut plantation, and offer comfortable, spacious accommodation to guests. The traditional architecture style preserves the island's original 'nonchalant' atmosphere. From May until October, millions of colonies of tern come to nest on one part of the island, and with a year-round population of more than 20 different bird species, Bird Island is an ornithologist's dream. Another natural miracle here is the existence of the sea turtles who lay their eggs here, undisturbed. The island is also home to Esmerelda, the (supposedly) largest and oldest tortoise in the world.
The Bird Island Lodge is not a luxury hotel; the lodge has instead committed to profound nature-protection schemes, and aims to exhibit a natural balance between humans and nature that is incomparable with anywhere else. The lodge's staff take pride in explaining their work and letting interested guests discover the secrets of nature on the island and in the underwater world around it. The price of the accommodation is justified by the lodge's unique natural surroundings.
Thanks to its location at the edge of the Seychelles Bank, Bird Island offers excellent opportunities for watersports, such as snorkelling or kayaking. Another possibility is fly fishing from the beach, which you can do if you bring your own equipment.
Activities and specials:
- A beautiful island that gives you the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere.
- In the evening, the sparkling beach is perfect for a sunset stroll.
- The restaurant is excellent, with one of the Seychelles' best Creole kitchens, often serving delicious grilled fish.
- Bird Island offers excellent conditions for snorkelling and kayaking.
- Clients can fish on the beach with their own equipment.
- Whale-watching is sometimes possible (in October/November).
- Guided tours to discover the flora and fauna of Bird Island or to watch turtles and birds. Tours are organised once the guests are on the island. Details of the tours are given to the guests upon briefing. The duration of tour is about 1-2 hours.
The 24 beach bungalows of the lodge are built right on the beach on this small island. They are spacious, friendly, bright, and possess Creole architecture. The bungalows can accommodate up to 4 people (2 adults + 2 children/ 3 adults + 1 child).
Bungalow (1-3 guests)
- 68m² free-standing bungalow.
- Kingsize double bed with mosquito net, en suite bathroom with shower and WC, ceiling fan, WiFi (free of charge), lounge corner ,and private veranda stretching the whole length of the bungalow.
- Sea-facing with garden view
Prices per night
Please note: Anyone planning to book their holiday for August or December (high season) should avoid waiting too long! Contact us well in advance to avoid finding out that your desired accommodation is fully-booked or that the flights are expensive.
|Bungalow||1 guest||300 € 300 € - 334 € 334 €|
2 Extra beds possible
|377 € 377 € - 414 € 414 €|
1 Extra bed possible
|537 € 537 € - 578 € 578 €|
Babies: 0-1, Children: 2-17, Adults: 18+ (on departure)
Special offer - You save €26 per nightValid in travel period: 01.12.2015 - 12.12.2017 Minimum stay 7 nights
Special offer - You save €27 per nightValid in travel period: 13.01.2018 - 31.10.2018 Offer valid if the length of stay is between 1 and 4 nights Does not apply for all room categories
Special offer - You save €26 per nightValid in travel period: 13.01.2018 - 31.10.2018 Offer valid if the length of stay is between 1 and 4 nights Does not apply for all room categories
Full board: incl.
*Return flight: €415/person. Children 0-2 years old fly free.
*Flight at 10.30 am (check-in 09.30), return flight at 11.20 am (check-in 10.20), daily. Duration of flight is approx 30 minutes. Luggage limit is 15kg/person.
*Pick-up or drop-off on other islands with an airstrip (e.g. Praslin) can be arranged for a supplementary fee.
*Bird Island is closed to tourists during breeding season: 12.12.2017 - 12.01.2018.
*Please note that the prices displayed from 12.01.2018 to 31.10.2018 refer to stays longer than 5 nights. For shorter stays, discounts below are applied.
Our client's opinions: hear what our clients have to say about their holiday and our service.
We are glad to help you!!
- Hotline Mon-Thu: 10am-6pm · Fri: 10am-4pm CET:
- +49 (0)521-44818616
We are your tried and certified experts on the Seychelles.
A chattel paper will be issued according to § 651 k of the German Civil Code.